Owning a small business is hard enough. Of all the things you have to worry about, security has got to be one of the most galling. After all, if organizations such as Sony Pictures and the Office of Personnel Management are not immune to hacks, then who is? Those two cases of hacking are just the beginning of the woes the United States faces regarding cyber security. Unfortunately, American private and public organizations are unprepared for cyber crime in ways that should shock even those who do not know anything about cyber security.
Consider the following:
- More than half of major American companies expressed “little to no confidence” that they will be able to prevent security breaches in the next 12 months.
- The esteemed Cenzic Application Security Trends Report of 2014 revealed that 96% of tested business and security apps registered serious security flaws.
- Cyber crime around the world accounts for $100 billion in costs every year.
- Small businesses in the U.S. tend to not back up their data. About 47% of small businesses report they do not back up any of their data whatsoever.
- The federal government saw a jaw-dropping 680% increase in cyber attacks over the past six years.
The facts all point to one thing: American protection against cyber attacks is inadequate and if not corrected can only get worse.
These figures and more should be enough to have any small business set up proper computer services and IT support. Proper computer repair and IT management services are the first and best line of defense against vicious cyber attacks. Network repair services ensure that not only is your network up and running but is also safe. Locking up the private data of your business (including customer information) has never been more important or needed. Without proper IT support, your business runs the risk of losing everything to cyber crime.